Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Movie Quotes Quiz

Yeah, I decided I was bored enough to do it. Guess what films follow - if you can!

1. “The heart is a sleeping beauty and love the only kiss it can't resist. Even if its eyes lay open wide, there is a heart that sleeps inside. And it's to there you must be hastening. For all hearts dream. They dream only of awakening.”

2. “You wanna hear something really nutty? I heard of a couple guys who wanna build something called an ‘airplane’ - you know, you get people to go in and fly around like birds. It's ridiculous, right? And what about breaking the sound barrier, or rockets to the moon, or atomic energy, or a mission to Mars? Science fiction, right?”

3. “It isn’t simply a question of creating a robot who can love; isn’t the real conundrum - can you get a human to love them back?”

4. “Screws fall out all the time. The world is an imperfect place.”

5. “You know what that song reminds me of? It reminds me of Mrs. Rachel Troubowitz and what she said to me the day I left…She's easily like a 44 double E. These things are massive…And she sees me and she can tell I got a hard on the size of the Statue of Liberty, all right? And she says to me, ‘Richard, calm down.’ And she says, ‘Now when you're over there, if you see anything that upsets you, if you're ever scared, I want you to close your eyes and think of these. You understand?’ So I said, ‘Yes, ma'am.’”

6. “And one more thing. From now on, we're going to have alternate dinner music because frankly – and I don't think I'm alone here – I'm tired of this Lawrence Welk shit.”

7. “Hey, don't knock masturbation! It's sex with someone I love.”

8. “If someone loved you very much, so that your happiness was the only thing that she wanted in the world, but she did a bad thing to make certain of it, could you forgive her?”

9. “And then your Mommy said ‘Just do it already!’ which was very confusing to Daddy, so I took the most literal translation. (whispering) But between you and me, it was the smartest thing I ever did, 'cause now you're here.”

10. “I've always been considered an asshole for about as long as I can remember. That's just my style. But I'd really feel blue if I didn't think you were going to forgive me.”

“I don’t think you’re an asshole…I just think you’re kind of a son of a bitch.”

“Well, I really appreciate that.”

11. Most of your time is spent being dead or not yet born. But while alive, you wait in vain – wasting years – for a phone call or a letter or a look from someone or something to make it all right. And it never comes, or it seems to but doesn't really. And so you spend your time in vague regret or vaguer hope for something good to come along. Something to make you feel connected, to make you feel whole. To make you feel loved.”

12. “I’m still stoned. Those eye drops you gave me didn’t do shit.”

13. “Dylan. I'll call my baby Dylan. It's a girl's name, too.”

14. “I really do have love to give. I just don't know where to put it.”

15. “The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.”

16. “I know it hurts. That's life. If nothing else, It's life. It’s real, and sometimes it fuckin’ hurts, but it's sort of all we have.”

17. “Sometimes it's not enough to know the meaning of things; sometimes, we have to know what things don't mean as well. Like, what does it mean to not know what the person you love is capable of? Things fall apart, especially all the neat order of rules and laws…I stopped trying to figure everything out a long time ago.”

18. “You thought we could be decent men in an indecent time. But you were wrong.”

19. “Let me get this straight. You know her. She knows you. But she wants to eat him. And…everybody's okay with this?”

20. “Every shadow, no matter how deep, is threatened by morning light.”



**Bonus** I didn't realize until after most of the quotes were compiled that there's actually a theme that connects them all. Name what the/a theme is.

No comments:

Post a Comment